A Dip into Poetry
![]() |
| A rare and beautiful old American Chestnut tree |
I look ahead.
Little by little,
I hear hope in my head.
Day by day,
You always meet
The needs we have,
Your plan complete.
Moment by moment
Each gift lands
Your abundant measures
In our outstretched hands.
When round about
My head life swirls,
Please slow my heart
To gaze on pearls.
When hope seems thin,
Your plan confused,
I want it now,
The wait refused.
But oh my soul,
Be still, be still,
Ahead there rings
Song on that hill.
I climb again,
To you I turn
My eyes anew
While my heart burns
Little by little,
Each step I take
Each moment I learn
I will not break
For deeper, I know
Inside me lies
That hope for your dream
The promised prize.
Oh, might I not
Discouragement friend,
But look to the hills
To glimpse my end.
9-27-17

Comments