Your Baptism Day
On January 15, 2017
Dearest girl,
Finally your baptism day arrived! You are one month old, and we had tried to schedule your special day last week, but your godparents were snowed in and so we postponed it. I know that you had been waiting for this joyful moment for your whole little life, waiting for the time when you would finally get to be full of His radiant Light!
Your sister Sunshine was especially eager for your day to come. We both had been saddened when we talked earlier about how you did not have the Light of Christ in your heart yet, how you were waiting so patiently for that beautiful sacrament that you do not have the words to ask for! When I explained to you how we had to postpone your Baptism day, you looked at me so intelligently and I know you understood. You are good at waiting for your blessings, my little one!
So many of your family was there! Your godparents came from North Carolina to be with you! Both sets of grandparents and so many aunts, uncles and cousins were there to witness your death with Christ and rising into new Life. Even your great-grandparents were there, Grandma perfectly prepared and leaning on her walker and also Grandpa with his wandering mind and soft, kind voice. When he gently kissed your little hand, I was moved by his presence and by his faith. I was grateful for the witness of all who were there to show you love, and for the joy that we, your family, felt when you joined us in the ranks of God's children. I'm sure you were happy too as you slept the post-Baptism sleep of holiness and peace.
I am blessed to have you, my love, and blessed to be present for the most beautiful moment of your life.
Love,
Mommy
Comments