A Decade
You are TEN years old today.
You are so tall now, almost reaching my shoulder! As I kissed your tawny head this morning, I marveled . . .
You were the one that made me a mother. You were the one in who's dark eyes, Daddy and I first saw our love made into a person. You have been breaking us in as parents as in every new stage we try to learn how this works! You are such a strong guide. You have curiosity and desire to learn. You have honesty and respect. You have determination and are a hard worker. I am so proud of your maturity, you levelheadedness, your insights and ideas, your courage and kindness, your dependability and your wisdom. Every day you are showing forth beautiful and strong new growth that humbles and blesses me. I am grateful to be your mother, to be able to hug your strong body on this your 10th birthday, and to be privileged to walk to this road with you. I cannot wait to see where the coming years will lead!
Past posts about Turtle:
5 Years Old
Respect and Honor
I am a Struggling Hypocrite
First Testing
Facts of Life
Questions, Questions
Car Riding Woes
A Tyrant in My House?
Comments