{Five Favorites} Winter is so much better with a book


One of my 2016 resolutions is to read more books!  Here are some that I have been enjoying this winter.

1.
This book is haunting.  The writing places you right in the story and the 11-year-old narrator and his family are instantly someone whom you love.  The final chapters blew me away!

2.

This is one that I am still reading.  It is one to be savored prayerfully. I knew that I needed to read this book when I opened it, and within the first few pages I had tears in my eyes.  The authors invite you to dare to ask the question of God, "Dad, do you love me?"  It talks about the pain that we suffer from the loss of our Father and the journey we must all take to rediscover His heart that loves us so much.


 3.
This is definitely a children's book. I began it as a "quick skim" to see if I would let Turtle and/or Rosebud read it, since I had heard how tragically it begins.  But now I am reading it fully for my own pleasure  Rachel Sheridan is a brave and honest girl and I want to know how she triumphs over her difficulties!

4.
This book was a fluffy but an absorbing read.  I have noted before how I think that Francine Rivers can be a little sappy and preachy, but I enjoy her books for a light read.

5.

A fun new murder-mystery series find.  Deborah Crombie and Duncan Kincaid, however, do NOT live up to P.D. James and her Adam Dagliesh!


Visit The Big White Farmhouse for more Five Favorites!

Comments

Catherine said…
Hello! Some great book suggestions there - I'm adding a couple of them to my reading list :-)
Hollyparlier said…
I love murder mysteries (well, fun ones)! I'll have to check that last one out. :)
Hollyparlier said…
I love murder mysteries (well, fun ones)! I'll have to check that last one out. :)