A Mother's Help
I do all the budget managing for our family. Sometimes, especially when money is tight, or non-existent, it feels like such a hard burden to struggle under. My head hurts and my heart becomes heavy trying to squeeze in heating oil costs and dentist costs, soccer registration fees and prorated car taxes, credit card bills and hospital bills . . .
The other day, as I was wearily sifting through bills, trying to think how to allocate our funds in the best possible way, and thinking it couldn't be done, I opened my checkbook to pay the hospital bill and this is what I saw:
As I wrote the check to "Mary Immaculate," it softly came into my heart that Mary was indeed there with me. Even in the stress of bills, household managing and unexpected expenses, she, like a good mother, is always there to help me with my work. And I get to see her name every month, as the hospital bills come, so that I will be reminded that even the problem of money is one that I can lay in her hands.
Comments