Advent Reading {Five Favorites}


Happy Thanksgiving! 
Advent is almost here, as we know.  I have some Advent reading suggestions here for (yesterday's) Five Favorites.  I am cheating a little because 2 of them are books I would like to have, not books I have actually read. 

1.

This is a beautiful, haunting book that focuses on Mary and her quiet, restful role in the Christmas story.  I return to it every Advent.

2.


Searching for and Maintaining Peace, by Jacques Philippe
Not strictly an Advent book, but I think peace can be very elusive in this season particularly, no matter how much we desire it.  This book is absolutely relatable and so compelling with deep, wise insights from Fr Philippe.   Each paragraph is a goldmine. There is something new to discover every time I open it. 



3.

I haven't read this, but I would love to spend Advent with the Pope of Joy!


4.

The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas by Ann Voskamp
The book One Thousand Gifts by this woman changed my life when I first read it one Lent several years ago.  I would love to read this book also!
   
5.


Come, Lord Jesus: Meditations on the Art of Waiting, by Mother Mary Francis.
I love the title of this book -- waiting as an art!  That is a good art to practice, especially during Advent. The book has several page long day-by-by meditations that are very beautiful and rich.  I also come back to this book every Advent.

Visit Ashley at The Big White Farmhouse for other Five Favorites.

Comments

Ashley said…
I'm adding the Pope Francis book to my wishlist for next year! Thanks so much for linking up.
Unknown said…
You inspire me that you take time to read. I need to get there.