Seven Quick Takes Friday, vol 37
Edition 2 of "The Things They Say"
1.
Sunshine: "Dad, is Ovechkin [hockey player] married?"
Daddy: "No, he's not."
Sunshine: "Ohhhh, so he's just a grown up kid!"
2.
Sunshine: "Mom I wanna be a doctor when I grow up."
Then, later after reading this really tender book about babies: "I reeeeally wanna have a baby! But I wanna be a doctor too. "
Me: "You can be a doctor and have a baby."
Sunshine: "Oh, I can take care of a baby and be a doctor? And also live on a farm? Well, that would be alot of work. I would have to take care of people, take care of a baby AND take care of a farm!"
3.
Rosebud: "Moooommm, stop telling me! I have my good hands and my sensible eyes and I can figure it out all by myself!"
4.
Turtle: "I don't care about money. People are way too bothered about money. Life is more important than money!"
Rosebud: "Yeah, we should grow our own food and not need money."
(I raise some objections, for instance about seeds and salt and electricity.)
Turtle: "I don't care about electricity. Well . . . we'd only buy useful things! Not things we don't need, like random stuff."
Rosebud: "Yeah! We could get, like, lots of seeds and like . . . TWENTY bags of potatoes. We wouldn't need to buy just stuff with our money."
Sunshine, piping up: "I like buying stuff with money!"
5.
During a conversation about what being a hero means, and what kinds of virtues heroes have, including faithfulness, Turtle says: "I don't think we even have the faith of a mustard seed!"
Rosebud: "But every time we do something kind or loving our faith grows bigger and bigger, up into a mustard tree!"
6.
Rosebud: "Where did you get those address labels, Mom?"
Me: "In the mail from someplace that was trying to ask for my money."
Rosebud: "Did you give them some?"
Me: "No."
Rosebud: "Well, that's not very kind!"
7.
Sparky, pushing me back to the floor where I am sitting: "Eye down, Mommy, Eye down!"
*Grunts and groans from me as I comply, lowering my back to the floor.*
Sparky immediately steps up onto my chest and looks down at me. "Dat better, Mommy? Dat better?"
Go to Kelly's for more Quick Takes. It's my first time posting since Jen passed the baton!

Comments