In the House of the Lord

One year ago today, our Grandpa passed from this life into the next.
That evening, the Scripture reading for evening prayer was from 2 Timothy.
I am already being poured out like a libation, and the time of my departure is at hand.  I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith.  From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance.


Last year, when I woke up in my parents' house the morning after Grandpa's funeral, this is what I saw out my window.
  And I then read Psalm 122 in the Magnificat morning prayers:

I rejoiced when I heard them say: 
"Let us go to God's house."
And now our feet are standing
within your gates, O Jerusalem.

For the peace of Jerusalem pray:
"Peace be to your homes!
May peace reign in your walls, 
in your palaces, peace!"

For love of my brethren and friends
I say: "Peace upon you!"
For love of the house of the Lord
I will ask for your good.


This is how I know that Grandpa is within the gates of the Heavenly Jerusalem and that he is asking for our good there in the house of the Lord.

Comments