A Prayer Amid Chaos


When everything in the whole house is scattered on the floor, it's okay. I dont need order, because you, Lord, are teaching me about letting go. 

When I'm grumpily breaking up the 61st quarrel of the day, it's okay. I don't need everyone to stop fighting, because you, Lord, give me Peace. 

When girls whine about the dinner and the toddler shoves his bowl and cries for cookies instead, it's okay. I don't need appreciation, because you, Lord, see my work. 

When the to-do list lengthens and the days shorten and everything I do becomes undone again, it's okay. I don't need to be efficient, because Lord, you never told us efficiency was a virtue.

When the fog of tiredness rises and I can't see my way through to doing all that my family needs, it's okay.  I don't need to be strong, because you, Lord, are my strength. 

When my hair hangs in strings, my pants fit badly and there's a stain on my shirt, it's okay. I dont need to be beautiful on the outside, because you, Lord, made me beautiful on the inside. 

When I yell at someone, am rude to the second, criticize another and manhandle the last, it's okay.  I don't need to be discouraged, because you, Lord, gave me another day. 

Comments