Seven Quick Takes -- Summer's End
1.
Well, here I am again, 4 weeks later. Whew.
I love blogging, really I do. And there is always a good post or two in my head. In fact, the really interesting ones are the ones that never somehow get out onto this screen . . . But, how, I ask. . . short of getting up at 5, which I won't do because I love my sleep more than my blog . . . is one supposed to find the time??
Don't answer that. It is unanswerable.
2.
In the same vein . . . or sort of . . . I have a link to share. This is because I've been thinking about a sentence my friend said to me a while back about parents/a mother needing to have a flourishing life and do things that they/she loves to do because children need to see an adulthood lived in such a way that it makes them excited to be an adult someday. (Correct me, H., if this is wrong!) I read this post today called Motherhood is not my highest calling and it is giving me more to think about. I like this line especially:
"I’m beginning to think that what my children–and what the whole world!–needs is less mothers who are overprotective, hyper-involved, hanging-on-their-child’s-every-move. Maybe what our kids need are mothers who enjoy their lives and are happy."
(H.T. Laura)
3.
Because all my deep and riveting posts have slipped effortlessly out of my mind like a (not) steel trap, I'll just share interesting words of other peoples' to tide you over until I dig my sharp mind out of the laundry pile. Haha.
4.
Show Us Your Face by Jenny Uebbing. I am so so guilty of this "vegetative scrolling."
5.
And guilty again in this arena: Anxiety, the Great Plunderer, by Rachel Balducci
Sometimes too many ideals are really just that "perfect as the enemy of the good" trap.
6.
This post needs no more words: The Things I Didn't Do.
I love the line "God sets us up for success."
7.
Noticing a theme of mother-encouragement in these links that are striking me? I am noticing it. This time of year is hard . . .summer's ending, back-to-school everything is sending homeschooling mothers maybe more than others into a panic, and, well, life never slows down, it seems. All will be well, but sometimes one really wonders how when all around is chaos. Big questions . . . not answered in a blog post. :)
Well, happy weekend all and happy last bit of summer!

Comments
" In fact, the really interesting ones are the ones that never somehow get out onto this screen . . . But, how, I ask. . . short of getting up at 5."
I was just thinking today about how I "think" in blog posts. I'm always drafting one in my head, but maybe 1% of them actually get written. I generally blog at night, but that almost always leads to staying up to late --> regret the next day. I've yet to find a really got solution.