Seven Quick Takes, vol 34 ~ a running song, a scary dog and flower pics

1.  
The spring flowers are beautiful this week!   I love to try to capture them with my camera.  We've been spending so much time outside in the beautiful sunshine. Finally!

 2.
 Sunshine is afraid of dogs. 
 She was a leetle bit nervous about them before today and then, as the neighbors' barky little nuisance took to chasing her around the front yard today, that fear is VERY much confirmed.  Poor child, the running in circles while screaming and the terror on her face were heartrending.  Now, in typical tender-hearted Sunshine fashion she is trying to convince herself that "Henry" was playing and it was all a mistake, but that stupid dog is not getting that much grace from me.  As if I didn't hate that yippy thing enough already!

3. 
 It's been wonderful to get back into running this spring after a year of my dear Sparky's mommy-imprisoning schedule (or lack thereof!).  This is my favorite song to run to right now!

4.  
Sunshine always has trouble sitting next to me when I'm nursing Sparky.  She starts out on one side, then switches to the other side in the middle of the book we are reading and sometimes back again.  Finally she says to me, "I don't like sitting next to Sparky's feet.  I like to sit on this side, because he doesn't have two heads to wiggle around on me!"
Haha! True!


5.  
Last week I saw a bluebird in our little pear tree.  I've never seen one where we live before, in almost 4 years! It was so beautiful!  I think Grandpa -- the lover of birds and especially bluebirds -- was saying "I love you" to me!
This is a picture close to what I saw, plus some sunshine -- I couldn't catch it with my camera fast enough.

Easter Vigil wanderings of the Sparky
 6.  
And of course, Happy Easter!  Christ is Risen as he said!  We survived the Easter Vigil with our toddling boy.  He was enraged at his inability to hold a burning candle at the beginning of the Mass and so, after a seemingly very long trip down an echoing corridor of marble amidst shrieks, we found ourselves in the pitch blackness of a Marian chapel where the tinkling of water silenced him but then we had another need to face -- the need to GET IN the pool of the water fountain.   Annnnnyyways . . .  it was worth it, and he was mostly an angel, despite his early brush with fire and water.   
His seersucker pants didn't fit him in time. Sadness!

7.  And then the next morning we had Easter baskets.  I finally wised up and put them together earlier in the afternoon instead at 12am. :)



FINALLY she found it!

Sparky loves his music box but gets so frustrated that he can't make it work himself

Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more 7QTs!



Comments