Clothes Shopping with the Girls

Scene: One cold Sunday in February. A clothing store in the mall at the clearance rack.

Characters: Mommy, Turtle, Rosebud and Sunshine. 
(Daddy and Sparky just off stage)

Sunshine: Oh, Mom!  I want some clothes!  Oh look at this, this will fit me!  Ohhh, this is soooo pretty!  No, no, it really wiiiiilll fit me!  It's not just for babies! No, its not too expensive! 

Rosebud:  Where's my size?  No, those are boy's clothes, I don't want any of those.  Where else can I look?  I knoooooww I have to look only on this rack, Mom, you don't have to say it again! 

Turtle:  Mom, you really should just get clothes for me, I'm the oldest.  No, I don't really care what you get. Well, I guess I'll look. . .   I guess I'll get this green shirt, because I don't have a green shirt.  

Rosebud:  Mom, can I get two things?  Three? Can I? Why? Why? Ohhhkay, fine, only one. 

Sunshine:  This is so cute for Sparky!  Yes, it's good for him, Mom!

Rosebud: Can I go in the dressing room? Can I?  Oh I KNOW I can only get one thing but I just want to TRY them all. I need a few more things to try on.

Turtle: Rosebud, there's no reason to try on stuff!  You just find your size and get it and leave.  *exasperated sigh*

Sunshine:  Here's some socks for Sparky!  He needs socks. . . . Oh, is Rosebud trying stuff on?  I wanna try stuff on!  No, that's only two things for me, she has a lot.  I need some more. 

Scene change.  In the dressing room.

Rosebud: There!  Do I look pretty?  Umm, no, I don't like this. What about this?  Umm, no the sleeves are weird. Mom, you like it?  Well, I don't really like it. Ooh, I like THIS. These sleeves are good.  And it twirls!  Yes!! I want this!!

Sunshine: I wanna try these flip-flops on. Noooo, Mooommm!  I won't take my shoes and tights off, I'll just stick my feet in here!   I want this skirt AND this shirt. . . .  Both! . . . No, both. . . Both!  No, no, no, I CAN choose!  Okay fine, the skirt. 

Turtle:  I'm going out. I don't need to try stuff on.  I want the green shirt. I don't really like those leggings. Can I put all this stuff back?  Aren't you done yet? I'm going to wait out in the store.  Hurry up!

Sunshine: Noooo, Mommy!  I need to wear this!  I took the tag off cuz I'm gonna weeeeaaaarrr it now!  *Sniff, Sniff* Sorry, Mom, I didn't know!
  
Mom feels badgered and exhausted and finally checks out with their three selected items, none of which she would've picked. Well, at least she found two things for Sparky and HE doesn't have an opinion!

End scene.  Whew.

Comments