Seven Quick Takes, vol 30



1. St. Nick brought this little yummies for Daddy and Mommy last night.  Oh MY, delish!

2.  Yesterday was wonderfully warm and we grabbed an hour to go for a walk.  The girls wandered in a (putrid-ish) stream and got appropriately muddy.  Sparky watched in envy from the stroller.  He's so wonderfully attached to me still.  I do love how close he stays to me, but I can see him starting to raise his eyes to the distance and think about the coming days when he'll be booking it from my side in the blink of an eye.

3.  My parents are leaving their home of 18 years in January.  They will be living with my Grandma and storing their whole house for several months. Over Thanksgiving my sisters and I helped clean out some our old stuff in the attic and basement.  We reminisced a lot over old gems.   I think it is hard for my mom to get rid of things that were so useful and/or treasured once, so she needs our help to take and use some of the family "heirlooms" or simply to spare her from some of the decisions (to throw things away!).

4.  I've been loving Sarah's blog recently.  She's so inspiring plus there is lots of pics of TWINS! 
This is a post I really liked reading: My Biggest Homeschooling Mistake.  I think this applies to parenting in general too.

5.  I LOVE this song right now.



6.  My sister in law sent me this link about dinosaurs coming to life -- haha, awesome!

7.  Happy St. Nicholas' Day!   Rosebud wrote in her card to him:  "Dear St. Nicholas, Your happiness makes me joyful.  I love you."  :)
Hope you all had a happy day!

Visit Jen for more Quick Takes!

Comments