Typical Morning in the Life of Sparky

5:37  I wake up. Start hollering and crying.

5:39  My big sister goes to my Mommy's room complaining, "He's wakin' up me!"
Mom comes. I stop crying immediately. 

5:40 Breakfast. Never mind that I ate a little while ago. 

5:44 I'm done but I lie still. My Mom is starting to hope that I'm falling back to sleep. 

5:45  Psych! I start talking. Loudly. 

5:46-6:00 I talk more. Spit up on Mommy. Roll around.  My parents are in denial and try to ignore me. 

6:01 I know they hope I'm gonna settle down but I want up and doin'!   I start whining and growling. 

6:02 Daddy throws a couple random objects in my direction. Sure, I'll play with a fan remote and speaker box and a thermometer case.  For a few minutes. 

6:07 I'm climbing on Mommy now. Daddy has turned on his glowing object and is doing something VERY interesting.

6:08 I'm getting mad. Can't have the phone. No one wants to play with me. And my teeth hurt. I'm gonna pitch-a fit. 
Which I do. That gets their attention and they bring me more toys and sit up to hold and rock me. They talk to me and snuggle me. I don't want ANY of that. (Do I know what I want?) 

6:38 I'm still screaming and raging.  I've given them no respite--they can't figure out what I want!   I hope everyone is good and AWAKE!  Daddy gets up to shave and he plops me back in my crib, bringing Sunshine to Mommy's bed.  Why? She doesn't wanna hear my screaming?

6:43 Mommy gets me up. (My lung power has won again! Yes!). She sets me up on the floor with things to do.  I get mad all over again -- HOLD ME!

6:44 Daddy leaves for work. Mommy is grumpy and mutters something about wanting to go to China. Huh? She changes my diaper. 

6:45 I decide I'm fine with being left on the floor to play. Mommy checks the room for safety and leaves to lay down in her bed with Sunshine, who isn't sleeping but snuggles with Mom anyways. 

6:59 Sunshine comes to play with me. Yay!

7:03 I'm stuck half under the changing table. I holler and Mom comes to get me.   

9:08 Mom thinks I'm ready for a nap. She puts me to bed. I start raging again, oh the nerve! I'm NOT tired!

9:18 I bump my head and rachet up the screams. Rosebud comes to try to sing me to sleep but I want to play. She can't figure out why singing to sleep doesn't work on me anymore. Well, I am BIG now!

9:23 Ok, fine, I get it. No one is coming to get me so I'll just play with my bear in the bed. 

9:48 I'm screeching now. It sounds happy enough to everyone but I bet they are wondering how I have the stamina for this! Go me!

9:55 When will I sleep? No one knows!

Comments