The Other Side of Tragedy

My friend from Painted Toes sent me this image.  (Click to enlarge and read the quote -- I absolutely love it!)    I love to read news stories (there's a site called the Good News Network that looks interesting!) that celebrate this truth, that there are "so many caring people in this world."

In honor of yesterday's anniversary, I wanted to post two stories about that fateful day that I found inspiring.
Tell me what you think!

The Story of the Man in the Red Bandanna

This second one is so amazing to me -- to call 9/11 a gift!
The Gift of 9-11

And lastly, I wanted to share a quote that I heard this past weekend:

Whatever did not fit in with my plan did lie within the plan of God. I have an ever deeper and firmer belief that nothing is merely an accident when seen in the light of God, that my whole life down to the smallest details has been marked out for me in the plan of Divine Providence and has a completely coherent meaning in God's all-seeing eyes. And so I am beginning to rejoice in the light of glory wherein this meaning will be unveiled to me.

-- Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (Saint Edith Stein) 

I realize that many people say "Count it all joy" or "God is good all the time," or "Everything is a blessing."  I think that although we may acknowledge this to be true on a superficial level, most of us have so far to go in truly accepting that EVERYTHING that happens to everyone is a GIFT.  

Comments