Seven Quick Takes, vol 29
1.
My new favorite summer supper:
Try it. You will not be disappointed!
2.
We watched the Hobbit the other day for the first time. There were a lot of scenes that did not seem to be from the book, but I thought the movie as a whole was well-done and powerful.
I really loved something that Gandalf says to Galadriel when they are talking about the dwarves' quest and the question of a new danger from Sauron. Gandalf says,
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
3.
As an aside, I would like to know just how many wordless roars that there are in those 4 Peter Jackson/Tolkien movies. Recall all those shots of a wordless roar -- of triumph, anguish, ferocity, whatever -- coming from the throat of some character with his head thrown back as the camera pans swiftly out and back. Too many! Has anyone else noticed that?
4.
Okay, tried not to post about this, because its really probably TMI, but Sunshine has pinkeye.
I always hate this child's ailment. So eww, so not fun, so . . . contagious! I've become a germ nazi -- washing my hands and Sparky's hands and Sunshine's hands. I'm disinfecting TV remotes, and doorknobs and changing pillowcases. I've been dripping Collodial Silver in her eyes and refusing to let her touch the baby. Poor girl. I think she feels like a leper. . .
5.
Maybe I have a particular hatred for pinkeye because of the A. Family 2005 pre-wedding episode. The dreaded thing was raging around my family in the week before my wedding. My sister had it, my brother had it, even my Dad had it. I was horrified and in addition to being just plain scared I would get it (for my WEDDING!) I was in total shock and denial that this was even a possibility. Nope. No way, I thought. It can't happen. I mean, can you think of much worse to happen to a bride?? Thanks be to God, my denial strategy worked . . . No, really, it was a heavenly rescue, I am sure. :)
6.
When Sunshine talks about mozzarella cheese, she calls it "Cinderella cheese."
:)
7.
Anyone read any good books recently? I'm feeling like a fiction novel right now with no particular value, just fun and exciting. I'd love recommendations!
Happy Friday! Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!


Comments