A Peaceful Moment


It's been a long, long week for me and my little homebody boy. I am finishing my Catechesis of the Good Shepherd formation this month. I began last July with 9 days of class and this month is the second part -- 9 MORE days of class. I have completed 6 of this summer's 9 and so only have 3 more days next week. Then I will be a certified Level I Catechist. I can't believe it!  I am so excited!  

Sparky has been my little class-going buddy this last week. Poor guy is feeling dragged around, I think. He likes his own home and his own bed and his own routine. The lack of all those things makes him really fussy and overstimulated and by the end of every day he is pretty much inconsolable on the way home and in the evening. It is sad and hard for both of us but I am clinging to the knowledge that somehow this is where we are meant to be. Maybe this is Sparky's lesson in flexibility or something and Mommys lesson in patience.  :) 

All-in-all, I am so grateful for this opportunity so that is outweighing the sacrifices. This Catechesis is worth it!

Comments