Baby Thoughts
So, I have come to that inevitable place in every pregnancy when I am so done with everything and just want this baby in my arms!
I have 3 weeks left and of course they will be the longest weeks of the pregnancy. I don't even really care about Easter right now, as all I can think about is babies. :) Somehow that doesn't really go with meditating on the Passion. I've been watching Call the Midwife rather than Mel Gibson's the Passion. I've been cleaning the baby bassinet and skipping my Magnificat readings. I can't really care about Holy Week activities or menus when I secretly hope it won't even matter cuz I'll be having a newborn. The exercising that I've done so faithfully is oh-so-hard to maintain, because it's almost over ... any day now, right?
Of course, when my rational mind kicks back in, I know all of the reasons why mid-April is just fine and I really must get through Easter (because Daddy doesn't know the first thing about how to decorate for Easter or even where to find the Easter baskets in the attic!), freeze more dinners, go to the library one last time with the girls, and finish my Catechesis album pages. And I do have events happening in early and even mid April for which I'd really prefer that I still have this baby tucked up tight. It's just this biological thing -- my unrational mind wants my baby now. :)
I always feel thankful for this desire though. Every woman gets this lovely blessing at the end of a pregnancy so that no matter how afraid she is of labour or worried about her other kids or apprehensive about postpartum adjusting, the baby being born is this intensely desired event. As it should be!
So, for these last days of Lent I'll be practicing my patience, with the help of chocolate, because, (c'mon don't judge!) I can only do one really hard thing at a time. :)
I have 3 weeks left and of course they will be the longest weeks of the pregnancy. I don't even really care about Easter right now, as all I can think about is babies. :) Somehow that doesn't really go with meditating on the Passion. I've been watching Call the Midwife rather than Mel Gibson's the Passion. I've been cleaning the baby bassinet and skipping my Magnificat readings. I can't really care about Holy Week activities or menus when I secretly hope it won't even matter cuz I'll be having a newborn. The exercising that I've done so faithfully is oh-so-hard to maintain, because it's almost over ... any day now, right?
Of course, when my rational mind kicks back in, I know all of the reasons why mid-April is just fine and I really must get through Easter (because Daddy doesn't know the first thing about how to decorate for Easter or even where to find the Easter baskets in the attic!), freeze more dinners, go to the library one last time with the girls, and finish my Catechesis album pages. And I do have events happening in early and even mid April for which I'd really prefer that I still have this baby tucked up tight. It's just this biological thing -- my unrational mind wants my baby now. :)
I always feel thankful for this desire though. Every woman gets this lovely blessing at the end of a pregnancy so that no matter how afraid she is of labour or worried about her other kids or apprehensive about postpartum adjusting, the baby being born is this intensely desired event. As it should be!
So, for these last days of Lent I'll be practicing my patience, with the help of chocolate, because, (c'mon don't judge!) I can only do one really hard thing at a time. :)
Comments