Seven Quick Takes, vol 26
1.
I'm starting to think about all things baby this month. I've passed the 6 month mark and realize that I have a long list of things that I want to accomplish before the baby comes. I have plans for room rearranging, memory book-making, furniture painting, observations at Montessori schools and album page writing for my CGS certification, school plans to write so we can continue doing it in part after the baby comes. *Sigh* So much to do, so little energy. And things like Downton Abbey and fiction novels and eBay maternity clothes shopping are really good at distracting the free bits of time that I have.
2.
Some baby products that I am wishing for:
Diaper Bag -- what do you all think? Hard to buy something as crucial as this without handling it in real life!
Baby Room -- Love, love the aspen branch!
Newborn Cloth Diapers -- highly recommended to me by mom of three under 4 as being super easy.
Baby Birthing Help -- don't worry, not as weird as you think!
3.
Sunshine is such a joy. I love her sweet little nature. She is always thanking me for things. She'll say: "Thank you Mommy for making the dinner with me," or "Thank you Mommy for reading books with me." So sweet. But she does require the same courtesy to be paid to her. She'll gently remind people, "Say, 'thank you [Sunshine] for serving me snack.'"
4.
Some random book recommendations:
I've been reading this new baby book with Sunshine. She's wondering and worrying about the new baby (more on specifics later) and I think the way this book handles the topic -- how babies are exciting, how they are different than older children, how babies get alot of attention that "might make someone" wish they were a baby again or even feel angry-- is very genuine and sympathetic.
I have been reading the following book with Turtle and Rosebud. It's the first of a series called the Winding Valley Farm books.
The book is set in the 1870s in Wisconsin. Anna's (6 yrs old) family are Catholic Polish immigrants. She is one of eight children and they live among other Polish farming families. The book tells about their farm life and weddings and celebrations and such in the community. The girls are really enjoying it!
And Mommy enjoyed this memorable book recently. :) The story is gripping and powerfully written. I will, however, recommend it with the caution that it is not for the faint of heart. And reading it as a woman of child-bearing years may not be the wisest choice for some. :) If you do decide to read it, you will not easily forget the story though! Read the Amazon reviews for more details.
5.
Love this heartwarming story! Have you seen it? Caine is the kind of boy I'd be proud to have as my son -- what a kid!
6.
In light of heartwarming stories, here are 25 more: 26 Moments That Restored Our Faith In Humanity This Year
I love the line: "Sometimes you need a reminder that people can do wonderful things."
(H.T. Keeper of the Home)
7.
Well, I guess I've run out of steam on my 7th Take here, so I'm just going to refer you to Jen's blog for yet another inspiring link tonight. Jen has a video on her 7 Quick Takes post about an adoptive family that is just beautiful. The unselfishness of people like this is awe-inspiring to me. Go check it out!
That's all! Goodnight!

Comments
I love this post!!