Seven Quick Takes, vol 25
1. Merry Christmas!
It's still Christmas and we are rocking the only still-lit-up house on the circle and playing Christmas music as we eat our pancakes in the morning. It's been a lovely season. Everybody has acquired the new habit of sleeping in and staying in jamies all day. I've tried to keep some of the fun Christmas-y stuff for this time. We decorated gingerbread houses Christmas week and two days ago we went to see a beautiful Walk of Lights in our area. It was really cold but we all loved it.
2. My good friend had her first baby, a girl, on Christmas morning! Go over and wish her Merry Christmas and Happy Baby!
3. We've been keeping cosy with a fire many of these cold days. I love the warmth and romance of the crackling and the light, but when it comes down to it, fires are downright messy and fickle. They require babysitting if the wood isn't perfectly dry, and the firewood bits and ash gets all over one's house. I have almost given up sweeping and vacuuming the family room. I guess I'd still prefer having one to not, but mostly in the evening when D. is home to help babysit it.
![]() |
| Turtle's fire |
5. I've finally finished a project I've been planning for my kitchen for over a year. It's a pretty hanging organizer for paper craft supplies. I didn't like any of the ones I could just buy, so I made one. I found a pattern on Etsy and got the fabric from Fat Quarter Shop on Black Friday. This is a picture of it in the making. It's finished now but I just need to hang it! I think it will go beautifully with the girls chairs and table that I am slowly working on re-painting! Pictures to follow when everything is completed.
6. Biblical History from Rosebud: "Adam wanted to be like Jesus, but he ate a poison apple!"
7. In other trivial news, Downton Abbey premieres on January 6! Yay!
Go to Moxie Wife for the Quick Takes Today. And say a prayer for Jen from Conversion Diary and her unexpected hospital trip!
Go to Moxie Wife for the Quick Takes Today. And say a prayer for Jen from Conversion Diary and her unexpected hospital trip!




Comments