Halloween Gymnastics and Rosebud

Rosebud is taking a gymnastics class this fall. She is such a natural at it, with her lean, lithe body and fearless attitude towards danger of bodily harm. :) She is especially good at the bar. Last week they had a costume class. It was really cute. Rosebud plans to be a chicken for Halloween, but she must think the costume is a little embarrassing or something because she wanted to switch to a fairy for the class "so people won't say 'who is that girl with the chicken on?'"!

I am enjoying Rosebud's personality so much, despite the parts of her that sometimes make me nuts. :). On Saturday she wanted to wear a pair of pants on her head to Turtle's soccer game, I think because she liked the way they hung down her back like long hair. When I objected that people don't wear pants on their heads, she said, "Mom, it's my head, not your head". That was a valid point, in fact, so I let her bring them. (Thankfully she decided sometime on the way there that it was too warm for that accessory!)

I am trying to help Rosebud with being less impulsive, so I tell her that she has power over herself, her body and she can tell herself not to eat that, or mess with that, or do that thing which she knows she shouldn't do. Maybe that isn't the right approach because now she protests when I catch her at something: "well, was telling my body no but it was saying yes!"
Oh dear.

Anyway, here is a picture from the Halloween gymnastics class.

Comments