Stories in Arachnophobia
I am really afraid of spiders. I try hard not to be in front of my girls, but let's face it: when Rosebud had a spider in her underwear a few years back and was shrieking, I was shrieking inside. Okay? (wouldn't you be though?)
Recently it seems I am being required to revisit my fears again and again.
I think it all started when I came upon a show on TV about a family whose house was infested by brown recluse spiders. INFESTED, I tell you. Now I think every little brown spider with a thin body that I see is a deadly poisonous one. I can't help it!
Then one morning whilst taking a shower, a black spider appeared in my bathroom. Sunshine, who was hanging out with me, was immobilized, unable to walk past it or step toe to the floor. Turtle had to come and save her. I was rather immobilized myself.
Then, one morning in bed, Sunshine looks quite seriously at my forehead and murmurs, "You have a spider on your face. It's cwalling over dere," she assures me, pointing. Then, as I am freaking out, she calmly begins whacking me with her book to "smash it". D. informs me that there never was a spider. Sunshine is just a trickster with an uncanny choice of prank!
Then, I read a post on dulcedomum.wordpress.com. (sorry no link! Scroll down to the post "Croc of Death"). I almost can't stop thinking about it! This post will give you chills, even if you aren't an arachnophobe!
Today, though was the worst. I was driving (thankfully stopped at the time) and discovered that a large spider with stripy legs and a big butt was residing in my bra. I am not kidding. I squeaked and frantically exposed myself to anyone who might have been watching. There was nothing more important in that moment than getting that thing OUT. OF. ME.
Whew. :)
With those stories off my chest I can let you all know that I intend to begin posting again. Soon! I miss blogging!
I have been hampered by:
A. Busyness
B. a computer which doesn't work at all (I'm posting this on my new iPhone -yay!- but this takes forever)
C. Dumb Google wanting me to give them $5 to continue to upload pictures to this blog. When I get over my annoyance with "them" I'm sure I will comply, as I always do to the Google god.
Hope your summer is continuing to be happy and spider-free!
Recently it seems I am being required to revisit my fears again and again.
I think it all started when I came upon a show on TV about a family whose house was infested by brown recluse spiders. INFESTED, I tell you. Now I think every little brown spider with a thin body that I see is a deadly poisonous one. I can't help it!
Then one morning whilst taking a shower, a black spider appeared in my bathroom. Sunshine, who was hanging out with me, was immobilized, unable to walk past it or step toe to the floor. Turtle had to come and save her. I was rather immobilized myself.
Then, one morning in bed, Sunshine looks quite seriously at my forehead and murmurs, "You have a spider on your face. It's cwalling over dere," she assures me, pointing. Then, as I am freaking out, she calmly begins whacking me with her book to "smash it". D. informs me that there never was a spider. Sunshine is just a trickster with an uncanny choice of prank!
Then, I read a post on dulcedomum.wordpress.com. (sorry no link! Scroll down to the post "Croc of Death"). I almost can't stop thinking about it! This post will give you chills, even if you aren't an arachnophobe!
Today, though was the worst. I was driving (thankfully stopped at the time) and discovered that a large spider with stripy legs and a big butt was residing in my bra. I am not kidding. I squeaked and frantically exposed myself to anyone who might have been watching. There was nothing more important in that moment than getting that thing OUT. OF. ME.
Whew. :)
With those stories off my chest I can let you all know that I intend to begin posting again. Soon! I miss blogging!
I have been hampered by:
A. Busyness
B. a computer which doesn't work at all (I'm posting this on my new iPhone -yay!- but this takes forever)
C. Dumb Google wanting me to give them $5 to continue to upload pictures to this blog. When I get over my annoyance with "them" I'm sure I will comply, as I always do to the Google god.
Hope your summer is continuing to be happy and spider-free!
Comments