Seven Quick Takes, vol 23
1. It's been a while! Happy Easter! My friend told me about this song earlier in this joyful season and for days I couldn't get enough of it.
2. This year we took the girls to the Easter Vigil for the first time. It was a beautiful and very long mass. Turtle was enthralled, Rosebud was the paragon of patience and Sunshine . . . hmm, well, she went potty alot, vigorously explored the acoustics of marble floors with hard-soled shoes, nearly burned her face on votive candles, caused her Mommy or Daddy to miss momentous Easter moments like the Gloria and the Alleluia and experimented with the use of the word "NO!" when asked to "Sit down!". . . .or "Pipe down!" . . . or "Lie down!" . . .
We got in the car after over 3 hours inside the church and Turtle gushes "That was SO fun!" Ah, that kind of reaction makes it so worth it!
3. Turtle started soccer this spring, like we promised her she
could when she turned six. She loves it. She tells me so every week. I
am so glad! Either D. or I ever played soccer, so this initiative is coming completely from her -- which I think is great!
They voted on their team name and it is the "Big Purple Ball." Haha.
4. Speaking of turning SIX, I can't believe this happened. Turtle is 6! She is such a big girl now, thoughtful and helpful and so opinionated. She is so mature and responsible that I am in danger of relying on her too heavily! She has such wise thoughts about God and people and the world and I am loving to see how she is growing. She is so eager to learn -- about math and volcanoes and outer space, about playing the piano, cooking, growing seeds and all about children from other parts of the world.
She has big plans for her life! She wants to be an astronaut and go walk on the moon and take pictures of it, she wants to be a nun like St. Therese and a mom too, she wants to fly in an airplane and visit Europe and Asia (to see and walk where St. Therese and Jesus lived and walked, she says!) and maybe live there! She told me that she would not like it if she died and went to Heaven when she was young because then she would not get enough time to learn and know everything that she wants to.
She has big plans for her life! She wants to be an astronaut and go walk on the moon and take pictures of it, she wants to be a nun like St. Therese and a mom too, she wants to fly in an airplane and visit Europe and Asia (to see and walk where St. Therese and Jesus lived and walked, she says!) and maybe live there! She told me that she would not like it if she died and went to Heaven when she was young because then she would not get enough time to learn and know everything that she wants to.
I am so proud of her! And yet, at the same time I am quaking to look ahead to the coming years. She's the one, as the firstborn, who gets our experimental parenting and this age of 6 begins a whole new phase of growth. Her horizons are broadening, she is changing. Wow. I don't have all little kids any more!
| Her requested "princess" cake. The pink icing is colored with pomegranate juice, which I was proud to be able to pull off! |
But I love how she still says "scrouch" for "crouch" and "veecation" for "vacation"! :)
5. In other news, I ran a 5k last weekend! I am thrilled that my weeks of gradually running longer and longer distances did actually work! :) I loved the motivation that it gave me and the sense of accomplishment I feel now. My favorite part was the last stretch when I looked up to see my three girls happy faces cheering me on. :)
6. In the aftermath of that goal, its a little hard to continue working out . . . because I am not a self-motivated type . . . but I did get 15 min. of running in today! The girls and I were caught in a thunderstorm on the way home from the park. The older two were pedaling fast on their bikes and I was running behind with Sunshine in the stroller. It is not recommended to do this in flip-flops. I have the blisters to show for it.
7. If you are doing any online shopping this weekend, or looking for Mother's Day or graduation gifts, or looking for some beautiful and fun accessories to spice up your wardrobe, you are invited to shop my trunk show of Stella and Dot Jewelry this weekend! I love the Stella & Dot Jewelry line and am really happy with the look and the quality of the jewelry I have bought from them. I have bought so little jewelry since I was married, since it seemed so unessential to spend money on myself. And while this is true, it is also true that I have realized that, for me, it is worth the little time and little extra money to be "pretty," for me and for my family. I act "prettier" when I feel prettier. :) And a nice piece of jewelry is a really simple way to add that extra bit of joy and a little helpful boost of self-confidence to a hard job.
I love these Toujours earrings, this Pippa necklace, this Belle Fleur ring and oh my, this Braided bracelet feels and looks amazing!
Have a happy weekend!
Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!


Comments