
We have never done much by way of celebrating St. Patrick's Day in the past. But this year, since we have discovered that D. is mostly Irish and I am actually a little more Irish than Italian, and since St. Patrick is pretty cool after all (despite the drinking songs and Guinness fumes that seem to cling to his reputation, courtesy of my dear alma mater) I decided to give credit where credit is due and honor the man and heritage that March 17 is about. :) The girls and I made
Pipe Cleaner Shamrocks while singing the
Trinity Song, and decorated our table with the results. D. tried his hand at cooking a brisket and after 9 hours of slow cooking it turned out really delicious! We had
Irish Soda Bread and a veggie appetizer of
Snakes and Shamrocks in honor of St. Patrick. (I ordered
Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland from Amazon to read to the girls, but it hasn't arrived yet, so we'll be talking more about St. Patrick later this week too.)
Tonight we are visiting my family and having
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake with a little early birthday singing to Turtle. Then St. Joseph's Day in Monday brings a half day for D. (yay!) and more celebrating, with Cannoli, of course.
Hope your weekend is filled with good things too!
Happy Feasts!
Comments