Thanksgiving Daybook
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
FOR TODAY: November 24, 2011
FOR TODAY: November 24, 2011
Thanksgiving Day
Outside my window...
blue sky, gray branches, 60* in the sunshine.
blue sky, gray branches, 60* in the sunshine.
of the many, many things I am thankful for. The girls and I made these thankful booklets from instructions in Family Fun magazine. They chose to draw things like pie and blueberries, kittens and baby's faces, flowers and zig-zags. And again, as my children have shown me nearly every day,
I am reminded to awaken to the joy in the many, many little things that we never think to thank Him for. How often I need reminding! Thank you, Lord, for polka dots!
I am thankful...
in my own "thankful booklet" in my head today for
--the warming promise of a big pile of firewood
--sunsets at my parent's farm
--Sunshine asking for a "pup" of water
-- this story written by Turtle
--Advent coming
--my sisters
--Rosebud "playing Body of Christ" dressed up in a Blessed Mother costume
In the kitchen...
Blueberry Crumb Pie
The most delicious Pumpkin Muffins ever (sent to me by Heather:)
I am wearing...
A pink blouse, a jean skirt and leggings with ballet flats. I bought some boots online this past week after deliberating for . . .um . . . a year. :) But, they aren't quite right, so the search begins again.
I am creating...
Lists and more lists.
I am going...
to order some pictures of my sister's wedding finally.
I am wondering...
how long it will take D. to get the deer head out of our yard. He lopped it off when "processing" the buck he shot last weekend and left it laying, tongue askew and eyes open, among the leaves. I'm hoping Sunshine doesn't decide to check it out.
I am reading...
Death Comes to the Archbishop, by Willa Cather.
STILL. I am almost done. I loved the following passage in this book:
"Never, as [the Archbishop] afterward told Father Vaillant, had it been permitted him to behold such deep experience of the holy joy of religion as on that pale December night. He was able to feel, kneeling beside [the poor old slave woman], the preciousness of the things of the altar to her who was without possessions; the tapers, the image of the Virgin, the figures of the saints, the Cross that took away indignity from suffering and made pain and poverty a means of fellowship with Christ. Kneeling beside the much-enduring bond woman. . . he seemed able to feel all it meant to her to know that there was a Kind Woman in Heaven, though there were such cruel ones on earth. Old people, who have felt blows and toil and known the world's hard hand, need, even more than children do, a woman's tenderness. Only a Woman, divine, could know all that a woman can suffer."
I am hoping...
that someone has some spiritually enriching Advent reading suggestions for me. I am spending more effort on what I will do to help my kids having a fruitful Advent then I am on myself.
I am looking forward to...
Cranberry sauce.
It better be this kind:
I am hearing...
little and big workers stacking a mountain of firewood. They've been working for close to two hours and its still a mountain. :)
Around the house...
Sunny silence. Everyone is outside.
I am pondering...
this whole homeschooling thing that I have to do. I need a better attitude and a better plan. We tried a school morning this week . . . . Fighting, yelling and crying ensued. I hope somebody learned something. I learned that this is every bit as hard as I thought it would be.
this whole homeschooling thing that I have to do. I need a better attitude and a better plan. We tried a school morning this week . . . . Fighting, yelling and crying ensued. I hope somebody learned something. I learned that this is every bit as hard as I thought it would be.
One of my favorite things...
flannel sheets in the winter.
Too bad I haven't slept in any for 6 years.
Someday I'll get some for us.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Eating turkey and hunting deer, a wedding and a birthday party, raking leaves and time with family & friends. A good 4-day weekend ahead.
Eating turkey and hunting deer, a wedding and a birthday party, raking leaves and time with family & friends. A good 4-day weekend ahead.
Here is picture thought I am sharing. . .
| Trees in Florida, where we spent a week earlier this month |


Comments