Thoughts on Divorce
Turtle: J.'s daddy lives at a different house. . . . That's sad.
Me: Yeah, that is sad.
Thoughtful pause. . .
Turtle: I'm glad our Daddy doesn't live at a different house. . . . And I'm glad my uncles didn't leave [their kids]!
Me: Me too!
Turtle: I think J. is sad about that.
Me: I bet she is. But I think she sees her Daddy on Saturday and Sunday.
Turtle, happier: Yeah! And maybe on Saturday and Sunday her dad comes over to her house and does fun stuff with her like our dad!
Me, rather at a loss: Yes. But it is sad when some people's mommies and daddies don't live in the same house, isn't it?
Turtle: Yeah. They're supposed to be together -- they're married!
Me: Yeah, that is sad.
Thoughtful pause. . .
Turtle: I'm glad our Daddy doesn't live at a different house. . . . And I'm glad my uncles didn't leave [their kids]!
Me: Me too!
Turtle: I think J. is sad about that.
Me: I bet she is. But I think she sees her Daddy on Saturday and Sunday.
Turtle, happier: Yeah! And maybe on Saturday and Sunday her dad comes over to her house and does fun stuff with her like our dad!
Me, rather at a loss: Yes. But it is sad when some people's mommies and daddies don't live in the same house, isn't it?
Turtle: Yeah. They're supposed to be together -- they're married!
Comments