Seven Quick Takes, vol 19
#1.
Once again, some music to listen to while you read. I kinda love this scene from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The girls like it too, thought Turtle has to run away when the bull comes on the scene. (Gosh!) D. rolls his eyes and calls it cheesy, but hey, I can love me a little cheesiness every now and then. Especially in such an idyllic setting. And who can resist Paul Newman's smile?
Once again, some music to listen to while you read. I kinda love this scene from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The girls like it too, thought Turtle has to run away when the bull comes on the scene. (Gosh!) D. rolls his eyes and calls it cheesy, but hey, I can love me a little cheesiness every now and then. Especially in such an idyllic setting. And who can resist Paul Newman's smile?
#2.
In the spirit of raindrops falling, I also showed the girls a video of Gene Kelly doing Singing in the Rain. I was enjoying watching bit of one of my favorite movies and then it was spoiled when the girls started getting all distressed! Mommy, why's he getting all wet? Ah, why's he goin' in the ROAD? Is a car going to crash him? Why's he splashing in the puddles??
(I swear I let them splash in puddles!)
In the spirit of raindrops falling, I also showed the girls a video of Gene Kelly doing Singing in the Rain. I was enjoying watching bit of one of my favorite movies and then it was spoiled when the girls started getting all distressed! Mommy, why's he getting all wet? Ah, why's he goin' in the ROAD? Is a car going to crash him? Why's he splashing in the puddles??
(I swear I let them splash in puddles!)
And Daddy wonders why I don't let them watch more movies?? Need I say more?
#3.
We have been loving some endearing books by Cynthia Rylant about Mr. Putter and Tabby. Tabby is Mr. Putter's cat and they live together and have fun neighbors, "Mrs. Teaberry and her good dog, Zeke." These books have several great points --the girls love them, they are sweet and funny even to adults, they are based in reality, and there are over a dozen of them, so we can get a new one every time we go to the library.
We have been loving some endearing books by Cynthia Rylant about Mr. Putter and Tabby. Tabby is Mr. Putter's cat and they live together and have fun neighbors, "Mrs. Teaberry and her good dog, Zeke." These books have several great points --the girls love them, they are sweet and funny even to adults, they are based in reality, and there are over a dozen of them, so we can get a new one every time we go to the library.
Check them out! :)
#4. I am in love with these shoes! Love, love them. Not so much the $195 price tag, though. But one can dream.#5. Speaking of dreaming, I'm creating a perfect school room in my head, full of all the wonderful home-learning materials and books and ideas that I have been looking at on the internet. I even picture the soft rug on the floor and the sunlight coming in . . . And then, I look at my little 3 bedroom house and at the total in my Amazon cart, or my Kid Advance cart or any other Cool, Exciting and Expensive Resource Site, and I sigh and close my browser. I want everything to be what I imagine it could, and trying to be content with what I have is really hard . . . Sometimes high ideals are the main hindrances to action for me. I need to not be trapped by waiting for the perfect room or the perfect materials or the perfect opportunity or the perfect income. The time is now, my children are bright, the Lord is with me and the world is wide and full. I can do this.
#6.
On the same topic of homeschooling, I recently read the book Homeschooling with Gentleness and found it to be a helpful and uplifting book. Throughout her discussion of unschooling, Suzie Andres encourages parents to trust themselves and their childrens' innate
love of learning and to be at peace. Those reassurances are balm to my soul! :)
A friend sent me a link to this post on "Project-Based Homeschooling," which I enjoyed as well.
#7.
And I'd like to end with this picture of Daddy and his "Three Girls" reading Roadwork.
Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes.
A friend sent me a link to this post on "Project-Based Homeschooling," which I enjoyed as well.
#7.
And I'd like to end with this picture of Daddy and his "Three Girls" reading Roadwork.
Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes.

Comments