Daybook

FOR TODAY June 7, 2011
Outside My Window...
 summer sunshine
I am thinking ...
of Rosebud's trip to the dentist today.  Two sealants and the girls was a trouper.  Tears were streaming from her eyes and her sensitive gag reflex was acting up, but she did so well.  We went out to Starbucks afterward, just her and me.
I am thankful for...
 family
From the kitchen...
there is not much in the refrigerator other than salad dressing, eggs and pickles -- I seized the opportunity to wipe it out with no problem. :)
I need to go post-vacation grocery shopping.
I am wearing... 
 a brown skirt, and sleeveless tank and bare feet
I am creating...
an un-packed home

I am going...
to throw some sort of dinner together tonight.  Hey, we do have rice!
I am reading... 
The Blue Last, by Martha Grimes.  I tried to read it at the beach.  I used to go through 4 or 5 books in a two week period out there on the sand.  Not any more.
I am hoping...
that this summer will be a good one.  My 28th birthday is approaching and I feel the need to make some plans and resolutions.
I am hearing...the keyboard on the laptop.  The space bar has an annoying squeak .
Around the house...
Easter decorations are still up.  I'm ready to take them down.
One of my favorite things...
Rosebud's unquenchable smile, even after a hard trip to the dentist.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: 
settling back into a routine and catching up on lots of little things, mega-grocery shopping, and hopefully a trip to the pool where Turtle, avid diver & swimmer, Rosebud, my water nut and Sunshine the fearless explorer, will all be thrilled.  On Sunday we will celebrate Pentecost with a cookout and friends.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Comments