Seven Quick Takes, vol 16
A Quick Takes post on a beautiful evening:
#1. For your listening pleasure while reading this post -- I love this summer song!
#2. My husband is making these lemon ricotta fritters for brunch tomorrow!
![]() |
| photo from cookingchanneltv.com |
Yeah, he's so awesome.
#3. Turtle caught a chipmunk with her bare hands the other day. Her squealing in delight quickly turned into shrieking as the little thing bit down on her finger. She shook it off in terror, and it gave an indignant squeak and raced away. Mommy and Daddy were stifling laughter and remembering Turtle's reputation for picking up animals that bite her. Turtle's skin was barely broken but she was very enraged and expressed dislike of chipmunks everywhere and desire to kill the poor cute little animal. But she has slowly grown proud of her feat as we repeat the story to everyone we see. :)
![]() |
| photo from fox.com/bones |
#4. Season 6 of my favorite show ever, Bones, just wrapped up. I can't even tell you how much I enjoy this show. It's just fantastic on so many levels. Ah, gotta wait 4 months now . . . :)
#5. My girls are loving playing with the neighbor kids -- there are 4 of them from 2 to 9 yrs. These kids have a trampoline and a swing set and a yard full of toys. It's much more fun over there than here. :)
The other day I overheard them chanting something learned from these neighbors:
Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse
Peed in the house
What color was his pee?
Okay, so I know I need to attend to the issue of what they may be picking up over there, but excuse me while I be immature and laugh. Who comes up with this ridiculousness?
#6. We went a Bible Study last night at some friends' house. They are evangelical fundamentalists and believe in salvation by faith alone, the Bible as the only source of revelation (Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura), that they are but "filthy rags" covered in the blood of Christ, the Rapture, that Baptism is not a necessity, that religious images constitute idolatry and various other Protestant misguided ideas. While we agreed with 80% of what the Elder leading the Study had to say, we both came away from the meeting --while definitely admiring of the genuine faith and the sincere commitment of these Christians -- feeling enormously blessed to have the beautiful, deep, richness that is the Catholic faith. I was reminded of the image from Theology 101 of the three-legged stool of Truth. Without any of the three supports of Scripture, Tradition and the Church, the Truth cannot stand.
#7. And, in closing, Sunshine had her first ice cream cone today. A true childhood milestone.
Goodnight all!
More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.



Comments