Seven Quick Takes, Vol 15

(I know its not Friday today, but I did start this post on a Friday!)



#1. It's been way too long since I blogged.  But Spring has brought so much activity -- gardening, picnic lunches and outdoor dinners, evenings jumping on the neighbor kids' trampoline, walks, Daddy's softball games, 2 family camping trips, playing in woods and creeks. . . .  And coming soon, a yearly beach vacation with my family.






#2.  Our yard has been gorgeous this spring.  Azalea bushes, while rather ugly every other time of year, are incomparable when in bloom.  It was a delight to see each new bush bloom -- we have every imaginable color azaleas can possibly be.  These were some of my favorites:


#3.
Our yard has also been full of forget-me-nots, tiny white and yellow wildflowers and the occasional buttercup and dandelion.  We also have a dogwood tree, vinca and iris plants and lily of the valley. For a week or two the girls spent much time picking and arranging flowers in vases of their own initiative.  Our few saint statues were the recipients of all the beautiful bouquets.


#4.   Sunshine is in my favorite, most darling and sweet stage of toddlerhood.  While the tantrums are definitely budding, she is mostly sweetly inquisitive, helpful and interested, exploring and learning and yet still cuddly and loving to be with her mommy.

Sunshine the shark!



Pizza with Daddy

#5.
Our Easter was a lovely one.  Here are some pictures:







Finding her Easter basket


Daddy showing the girls how to jump rope.

 #6.  This past weekend D. and I were able to have a short getaway -- thanks to Grammy and GrandBob for watching the girls!  This was our 2nd time away from our girls in 6 years of marriage and I was so happy and grateful for every minute! The first weekend we spent away from Turtle and Rosebud when I was pregnant with Sunshine.  I remember feeling a little anxious about the girls and missing them over the weekend.  This time we were away for 30 hours, from Sat. afternoon to Sunday evening -- though I did run back to nurse Sunshine on Sunday after church -- and it was wonderful.   I didn't miss the girls a bit. :)  


#7.  That's all for now.  The next month is another are fun and busy one, but I will try to post more often!


Seven Quick Takes are hosted (on Fridays) by Jen at Conversion Diary.



Comments

Little Things said…
Way to go, on a getaway with your husband! I am so happy for you guys!