Work We've Been Doing

 Turtle enjoys sewing these craft foam shapes that I cut out.  I punch the holes around the edge with a needle before giving them to her for a "quiet time" activity.
 Rosebud likes this button-sorting work.  She sorts the buttons by size.
 This work I saw a long time ago on a Montessori-inspired blog -- I believe it was Chasing Cheerios, but I can't find it now -- so sorry!  I hot-glued small popsicle sticks into five different shapes -- a pentagon, a trapezoid, a triangle, a diamond and a square.  I put different colored stickers on the each shape at the joining points.
 The loose popsicle sticks have velcro at the proper points for the child to join the sticks to copy the pre-made shapes.
 Sunshine loves our Chinese Checkers board just like Turtle and Rosebud both did.
 I just showed Sunshine how to wash the windows.  She is very intrigued and meticulous, but still can't spray the bottle all by herself.
Turtle got this awesome work as a birthday present from her godmother.  The 10 words are all short phonetic words, each vowel contained in two of the words.  (The last word in the right column is lid.)  The tiny objects to match with each word are adorable!  Turtle has mastered this work very quickly, so Aunt C. promises to bring some more harder words and objects soon.  

I can't believe my Turtle is reading!   We've almost finished the first set of these BOB books.

Comments

emptee A said…
How AWESOME! You are such an inspiration!!!