The 10 Sick Days of February

Here we are, the 10th day of February and someone in this house has been sick every day of this month so far.  And with people still recovering and potential chicken pox about to break out any second (we were exposed two weeks ago??) I wonder if I'm far off in predicting that this trend isn't over yet?

I got sick Feb 1st with the flu.  I was sick for 4-5 days, and boy, I haven't been that down for the count since . . . hmm . . . a long time ago.  This flu is a ringer.

Turtle came down with it on Sunday, right when I was better.  She's had it worse than me, poor thing.  She hasn't been eating, she's pretty pale and weak and her fever has been pretty constant for the past 5 days. Yesterday she was even complaining of shortness of breath and extreme photo-sensitivity that had me calling the pediatrician.   Thankfully, today's the first day that she's moving around, but not eating normally yet.  Sunshine's on her second day of a fever, cold and cough, but its a low one and she's still eating.

Rosebud, thank goodness, has been my chirpy little healthy one -- so far!  It's been hard on her, I think, but she's been so patient with all of us!

Haha.  Here she is on the right show-casing her little amusing pants. :)  These pants never fit Turtle and when I pulled them out last week for my growing girl I realized that the embroidered butterfly on the back wasn't really in such a . . . um, innocuous place . . .

It's a testimony to the touch of craziness that I feel setting in upon me, that I spent all of yesterday riddled with great inward glee over my 3 year old's "tramp stamp" instead of gasping over the over-sexualization of children's clothing and blah, blah.
Well, hey, it really is kind of funny, right?   . . .  (Don't worry, I'll throw them out when we emerge from our sick-quarters!)

Besides the tramp stamp giggles, I knew I must be a little touched in the head yesterday when, escaping from the house for 15 minutes to run an errand, I found the 29* weather refreshing and found myself dancing and singing loudly to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" (which I secretly love) and Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" (which I don't) all the way there and back.  *Sigh*
 


Okay, back into the sick trenches.  I hear a little hacking baby summoning me.


And P.S. Randomness:  I love this clip. :)

Comments

one muse more said…
This post made me SO happy.

Almost as happy as Freakin' Hamster.

Which randomly makes me giggle at work every once and awhile when someone says "Freakin" and it pops into my head.

love,
me