Small Successes #16

I haven't done this in a while! But, it's Winter.  I'm stuck in my home with my small children.   Good time to focus on small successes, when there can seem to be a lot of . . . well, not-so-successful times. :)

#1.  I have been patient about listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack every day for a month.  It's on from the moment the girls wake up till naptime and then from nap till night prayers and I haven't screamed or broken the CD yet!

#2. I replaced the elastic in a bunch of cloth diapers that have been sitting around waiting to be fixed for, oh, probably 6 months.
#3.  I bought a tea kettle!  I got it used on Ebay for $13.  I burned up our other one months ago by letting the water boil away and have been looking for a new kettle -- in red. :)  Nothing I saw new in stores was a style that I liked, and this one is awesome.  It makes me happy to look at it.  And I finally can make tea easily again. :)


Visit Faith & Family Live to see more Small Successes.

Comments

Alaina said…
I really like the teapot! And I know exactly what you mean about not liking the ones in stores.
JJ's Mom said…
Your Sound of Music post resonates with me. A few months ago I was contemplating whether Mr. Potato Head was going to "run away" because my then 13 month old couldn't open it - but always wanted to put the pieces in and out, in and out.... Great list! Keep up the hard work mama!
Liz said…
Awww - that's so neat that Turtle and Rosebud love the Sound of Music. Brings back many, many sweet memories of playing and replaying the movie and soundtrack with my sister. We also made our siblings act out the falling out of the boat scene in the top of our sandbox. Lol!
M. T. said…
Glad you like it too, Alaina!

JJ's Mom -- the things we mom's put up with! :)

Liz, Lol! The Sound of Music is such a girl's favorite, isn't it? My girls haven't actually seen the movie -- maybe when they are a little older -- but they are already obsessed with the Von Trapp children's names, ages, etc. and, of course, every single song.