Simple Woman's Daybook
FOR TODAY: January 24, 2011
Outside My Window . . .
It's 29* Cold, cold winter here.
I am thinking . . .
that I'm going to take my kids to play with some friends with chicken pox this week. Then we'll catch it too. This winter seems like a good time to get it.
I am thankful for . . .
Leftover chocolate cake. :)
From the kitchen . . .
Homemade chicken stock is simmering on the stove.
I am wearing . . .
a green and pink hoodie, gray sweatpants, wool socks. We all have colds and it's Monday, people.
I am creating . . .
A "Mailman Game" for Turtle for differentiating letter sounds. Actually, my mom created it many years ago, but she gave it to me and I'm adding to it a bit. Maybe I'll post on it later.
I am going . . .
to go work out . . . in . . . a . . minute . . . really. . .
I am reading . . .
- Love: A Fruit Always in Season, by Mother Teresa and Dorothy Hunt
- This beautiful article on Kristin Lavarnsdatter that a friend sent me -- I really love it!
I am hoping . . .
Sunshine decides soon that "real food" is not that awful. She nurses so much because most food doesn't interest her. It's been tiring and frustrating for me.
I am hearing . . .
the clock ticking, the broth simmering, keyboard clicking . . .
Around the house . . .
Around the house . . .
Play tents and tunnels taking up a lot of space in our small living room. I can hardly walk.
One of my favorite things . . .
a baby that wakes up happy in her crib. For some reason, Sunshine is not one of those babies. My other two were.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Turtle & Rosebud (!) have Atrium, a play date with the kids with chicken pox? :)
Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing . . .
No pictures. :(
No pictures. :(

Comments