Nuance

Turtle and Rosebud have built this train track on the dining room floor.  Rosebud is very careless and is always knocking things over.  Turtle is getting VERY exasperated.  Finally, when the bridge falls over for the 5th time, she wails and falls on floor.

Me: "Turtle, stop flipping out!  I'll help you fix it!"

Turtle, grumpily: "I'm not flipping out, I'm whining!  This is flipping out  [ Demonstratively yelling and throwing her hands up the air]"

Oh, excuse me.

That's kind of how it is around here these days -- lots of whining, flipping out, fighting and other such problems -- from everybody in the house, of course. :) 

Winter sucks.   Really it does.  Chocolate is what gets me through alot of days.  That and mercilessly sending wild and "flipping out" children outside to "run up and down the sidewalk ten times!"  If the sidewalk is icy, too bad, run on the grass!

*Sigh* I can't believe we have 2 months of winter left.

*************************************

P.S.  I'm sorry about my lack of posting!   I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which I bought, like, a year ago and never started (HT Shalon!), so that seems to use up all my free time.  Also, my camera broke on Sunshine's 1st birthday, and so I don't have many pictures any more.  I'm so sad!  My husband's work camera is too expensive and too complicated from me to take the time to figure out how to use it/download pics from it, etc yet.  Hopefully I will be able to someday soon, when he's not using it!

Comments

Heather said…
I have to admit - I'm starting to agree with you about winter. Not for myself personally, of course. But winter with small children is awful!
I hear you, MT. While I am happy this winter has been far drier thn the last, I'm ready for spring already! :) And I know exactly what you mean about the train tracks - that is a daily occurance around here. I have to explain repeatedly, that if Jax wants to play trains in the common rooms, than EVERYONE can play and he has to share. If he wants to have alone time in his room playing, then he has to let me know. I'm sorry to hear about your camera! Hope you were able to get some good shots of Sunshine's first birthday!
Little Things said…
I agree! I am REALLY hate this cold weather! The three of us in the house just seem to annoy one another constantly. :) Spring will be a very welcome change this year!