Seven Quick Takes, vol 11
#1. I miss blogging! I often want to post, have thoughts to write out and little moments to preserve and share. It's so hard to find the time. As with all things that are "for Mommy," the back burner is the standard place for this blog. Those thoughts don't get aired, those moments get forgotten and life rushes on. I try not to forget why I started this blog, but it seems there is no time to "tell the story," only live it.
#2. These days my life is very full -- in a good way and a tough way.
Wintertime is here again -- always hard for those dependant on construction for income, so that's rough -- especially on my valiant husband.
In other, more minor, toughness, my baby Sunshine seems to have become, overnight, my toddler Sunshine! She's walking faster and faster, dropping her morning nap (always a big adjustment!), having temper tantrums, playing in toilets and making messes, crying to be bigger and not get left out, teething, being strong-willed and opinionated in ways I was and am completely unprepared for. . . *Sigh*
She's even really into the little potty and loves to sit down on it then stand up, sit down, then stand up, then sit down . . . :)
#3. And behold, she is cat-obsessed! All my girls are! So sad that Mommy is so allergic that she can barely look at a cat. The girls usually require a complete change of clothes after they pet a cat. Poor Sunshine was so frustrated that she wasn't able to get out to see Nix (my parent's cat).
#4. Over Thanksgiving weekend, my husband shot a buck -- a big one! I couldn't possibly stand to repeat the story one more time -- the sound effects and blow by blow deer movements were chronicled faithfully by my husband many times and he is very happy with the hunting triumph. The girls were quite enthralled by the gutting and draining and head-severing, etc. and love to say "Daddy got a deer!!" (Rosebud has informed me several times: "Daddy got a daddy deer. Daddy deers have horns and mommy deers have ears!) I am just happy to have the meat. That's the end of the story for me. This weekend will be sausage-making weekend. We've bought a lot of spices and herbs, freezer paper and tape and we will have almost 100 lbs of breakfast and italian sausage to stock the freezer at the end of it all. Yay for dead deer! ;)
#5. Its been so fun to see the way my girls are developing the art of make-believe these days.
The games are getting more and more elaborate and imaginative and I love to eavesdrop on their story-telling and negotiations. :)
#6. Hmm . . . so I'm not out of things to say but definitely out of time in which to write them! So, hopefully I'll be back soon. Got a few posts planned to try and get back into regular posting. One is on a few works I've put together for Turtle recently. So, we'll see how this plan goes!
#7. A very happy Advent to all! This is such a lovely time of year --despite the stress and the freezing temperatures and the to-do lists, eh? Happy Preparing!

Comments