Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY: November 8th, 2010
Outside My Window . . .
Sunshine on rust-colored oak leaves and golden maple leaves
I am thinking . . .
of how thankful I am for the three little faces that surround me every day.  I have been consciously trying to say "thank you" often for the simple lovely things in my life that I forget to be thankful for so often.   Gratitude does not come from joy, but rather joy comes from gratitude.  I am making a choice to be grateful.
I am thankful for . . .
That two little girls are becoming better friends and playmates every day.  It is beautiful to see.
From the kitchen . . .
I doubled the Enchilda casserole that I made on Saturday so dinner is taken care of! Yay!
I am wearing . . .
a yellow sweater and jeans
I am creating . . .
thoughts in my head of a quiet afternoon of a hot cup of tea on the couch -- well, after the dirty laundry is  sorted and started washing and the kitchen is cleaned and the triple whirlwinds' mess is tidied . . .
I am going . . .
to carve pumpkins with the girls after naptime -- at little late, but that's okay.
I am reading . . .
Raising Your Spirited Child, by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
Turtle is my "spirited" one. :)

I am hoping . . .
for an answer to prayer to get us through this winter.
I am hearing . . .
--Sunshine pulling cascades of books off the shelves

--the girls laughing, slamming the toilet lid and shouting "EEW!" 


 Hmm, I'll be right back . . . .
Okay, just some sort of pretending to go potty game. . . ??  


Around the house . . .
Sunshine is walking!  Four or five or six steps many times a day back and forth between walls and furniture.  This milestone always is the one that is the most bittersweet.
One of my favorite things . . .
little baby-babbling around the house.
Also, the way Turtle says "oneth, twoth threeth, fourth, fiveth" instead of "first, second, third, etc" :)

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
Turtle has Atrium, maybe we will go to the library, lots of leaf-playing because they'll all be gone so soon.
Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing . . .
Sorry.  No pictures on this laptop.  I'll do a picture post soon, I hope.

Comments

Sounds like a perfect home :) I can't wait to see how your girls have grown! I am thinking I need to get that spirited child book - my oldest is definitely my spirited one! ;) So happy to see you post again :)