Spiders and Storm Drains and Car Crashes
Conversations taking place on one evening walk:
Turtle: Spiders bite you and I don't like that. But not Daddy Long Legs -- they don't bite. They just tickle you. But Mommy Long Legs do bite!
************
Rosebud, looking at a storm drain:
I don wanna fall down dere. Then I will bonk me.
Then, reassuringly to me: And then you will come down dere and get me and I will get out.
Turtle, kind of wondering:
Well, I don't think the water will let you get out. . .
***********
Rosebud:
That car might crash me and I will get a boo-boo.
Turtle, in a superior tone:
If a car crashes you, you will be dead.
Okay, seriously??
Kids totally pick up on all your fears, no matter how you try to hide them.
Turtle: Spiders bite you and I don't like that. But not Daddy Long Legs -- they don't bite. They just tickle you. But Mommy Long Legs do bite!
************
Rosebud, looking at a storm drain:
I don wanna fall down dere. Then I will bonk me.
Then, reassuringly to me: And then you will come down dere and get me and I will get out.
Turtle, kind of wondering:
Well, I don't think the water will let you get out. . .
***********
Rosebud:
That car might crash me and I will get a boo-boo.
Turtle, in a superior tone:
If a car crashes you, you will be dead.
Okay, seriously??
Kids totally pick up on all your fears, no matter how you try to hide them.
Comments
Am in Rome and I was thinking about you lots today at St. Peter's. :) Praying for you and your family with love. :)
Jax: Go faster Mama!
Abby: GOOOOO!!!!
Me: I can't because we would crash into the car in front of us.
Jax: What happens when we crash?
Me: We get big boo boos and have to stay in bed all day for a long time which would not be fun.
Jax: Or we would die. HEE HEE HEE HEE.
The entire load of kids erupt into giggles.
End story.
You are lucky you have girls ;) Boys I think see everything as a challege (as is pointed out in Testosterhome! ;)
When Rosebud was a baby, we were in a car crash, so I think that is mostly where that fear comes from (on Turtle's and my part anyways).
I love kids and what they say! Boys have to think car crashes are funny -- they wouldn't be boys otherwise, right? :)
I like your blog design, too! Love the picture at the top!