Still Here

Here we are, in our new home for almost two weeks now, slowly settling in, building a new rhythm to the days, and making new memories. 

In some ways the change has been, and still is, hard.  Change is always about leaving something behind.  I miss many things about our previous home -- little things of course, but important to me in their familiarity and dear-ness.  What is life when you are small, or a mother, then just simply those little things.   The girls miss our daily walks -- no sidewalks have made them unlikely to work well for us. (Actually, I did try walking with all three -- one strollered, one scootering and one biking.  No matter how many times I said "be on the side of the road!" they could not seem to manage that . . .) Turtle cried one day about how Mommy and Daddy's bed wasn't "comfortable" any more in this house.  Rosebud asked me even this morning if "when we are all done at this house, can we go back to our old house?" and every time we come home from anywhere she looks surprised and asks "Why're we goin' to this house?"   Sunshine is very clingy and she cried and screamed every time I laid her new room to sleep for almost a week.
Overall, though, we are blessed and happy with our new home.   The yard is beautiful.  The house is a little more spacious.  Sunshine has her own room and no longer shares ours. (Yay! :)  The neighborhood is nice and the town has lovely amenities.  We are lucky to be living here!

On another note, I don't have much access to a computer anymore.  Hopefully that will change someday, but for now I will keep up with this blog as best I can.

Happy Thursday!
"Packing" on Moving Day

Comments

Little Things said…
I can't wait to come visit! Hang in there, you will find the new normal and everyone will soon feel "at home." :)
Elizabeth said…
Welcome to your new home! Here's to millions of happy memories to be made there!
God bless your new home and new routines :) My kids did the same when we moved here and will start up with it again everytime we go and visit our other house. It is so hard, especially when it's not exactly as Mommy and Daddy planned. But there are so many hidden blessings are graces to be found :) You are such a wonderful Mommy, I know He'll give you the strength to make it through the rough patches! PS I need your new address! :)