Ode to My Ergo

Dear Ergo,

Thank you for being
what makes me
happy on shopping days,
the only thing
that makes it possible
for poor me
in the grocery store
at lunchtime
with three girls.

When Rosebud cries,
throws food on the floor
bites a tomato
begs for granola,
jellybeans,
anything,
I think of you
strong and securely
holding baby on my back
out of the way of the tantrum.

When Turtle darts here
and there
suggesting
avacodos,
oh mangos!
oh juice!
and yogurt!
and cookies!
When banana chips
whined about
and purchased
are rejected
pronounced yucky,
I think of you,
holding my baby on my back
out of the way of the frustration.

When every flower must be smelled,
When huge watermelons must be lifted,
When women and old men sigh
in exasperation
at my darting child
20 times oblivious
to anybody's
way of passage,
I think of you
and I am oh so glad
because things could be
so much worse.

You take one of my girls,
one load
of precious cargo,
wrap her in strength
and hold her secure,
happy and
out of the way of the madness.
Oh, dear Ergo,
thank you so,
in times like these
I know you've got my back. :)

Comments

Alaina said…
This is awesome. I think you should send it to the Ergo company and they should give you another one for the testimonial.
Liz said…
I sooo want an Ergo! I hear nothing but great things about them!
Little Things said…
I agree with Alaina! I think you should send this to the company. I really want one of those!
M. T. said…
Do they really give out new ones for testimonials? ;) Cuz then I'm totally sending it in!
For months before I got mine I scouted Craigslist and Ebay for them. Used they still go for almost the full price of a new one! And if I ever found one listed for half the cost of a new one it was gone instanteously. So, I just got it new.
THEN I was on Freecycle, and somebody posted a "Wanted" for a gently used Ergo and then the next day there was a "recieved"! They got one for free! So, anyway, if you want one for this baby Liz, it's worth a try, right? :)