Seven Quick Takes, vol 7

#1.  So, first in my thoughts these days is always the looming moving day and the non-existance of a house to move to.   We found a house that we liked alot in a good location and . . . well, it was pretty much perfect for us.  I knew the minute I walked in that I wanted it.  Then, despite novenas, our rental application was rejected today after a week and half of waiting.  Maybe I should have know it was too good to be true. :(   We seem to be somewhat of a risk for owners because we are self-employed and in construction.  I am trying not be to down about it.  God must have a better place for us, right?

#2.  Speaking of God, does He actually know what he is doing?   Sometimes it really seems like how could he possibly know all the little details of things that you need/want. And really, lets face it, some things that happen in your life really are pretty awful and the "up-side" is very hard to find.   Yeah, I'm complaining about God right now.  Sometimes He's like an annoying dad who "knows what's best" but really ruins your teenage life when we doesn't let you go to that party that you wanted to go to . . . :) 

#3.  I put together a "treasure basket" for Sunshine the other day.  She loves it way more than her toys.  Especially the funnel and the straw.
#4.  I also recently set up some alternate enviroments for the "Animal Habitats" work.  Now we have a total of 8 -- the rainforest, a coral reef (or ocean), the farm, a house (pets), rocky mountains, the forest, the arctic, the savana. Each picture has six corresponding animals.  I don't put all the environments out on the shelves at once, usually I do four at a time. 

#5.  I had to put up these cute pictures of kids trying to play  cornhole  beanbag toss on the 4th of July.  I love it! :)  Ah, summertime.

#6.    And speaking of summer, (like how I segue into an unrelated point? :)  . . . anyways, my sister-in-law sent me this recipe for Raw Berry Crisp that is to die for. 
And you can totally use raisins instead of dates.  I do.  Add whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream . . .  I am so in love.  I actually fantasize about it. :) 

#7.  I can't stand how my brain has definitively become a type of "Seven Quick Takes."  I cannot hold one idea or thought in my head for more than 20 seconds before I move on to a completely unrelated one.  I think its a occupational hazard.   My brain is like: "I really need to mop the floor . . . Rosebud you're spilling glue all over the chair! . . . Ow, I'm stubbing my toes on all these books . . . Can't forget to pay the gas bill today . . . let me just drop this Netflix movie in the mail . . . "No, you can't have lunch its only 10:30" . . .  the phone is ringing . . . "Poor baby, are you hungry?" . . . God, could you please help us find a house? . . . I really should pray more . . . "Stop pulling the baby's legs!"
*Sigh*

Happy Friday everyone!
Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

Comments

Heather said…
#7 is pretty priceless. Isn't that the truth! J loves her treasure basket more than her toys, too. Thanks for a few more ideas of stuff to rotate into it.
Elizabeth said…
I totally relate to #7. Totally. And I like the analogy of God as a Father during our teenage years. He does care and does know. :) Praying so hard for you!
M. T. said…
Heather, what do you put in J's treasure basket?
Lizzie, SO glad other people have fragmented brain performance too. ;)
Lucy said…
Praying for you. I have always found that, in hindsight, the hardest times of all are the times I have actually grown most in faith and come closest to God - but at the time, oh it just hurts. I pray you will find comfort and rest in Him.
Um, totally relate, esp to #2 and #7. Scatterbrained and *needing* (sometimes not wanting) that closeness to God are hard to balance. I had no idea yall were moving! I will definitely keep y9our family in our prayers. Despite how we grumble and groan, He always always always provides better than anything we can dream! (This coming from someone who has been "there" more than I like to think about ;)
Heather said…
Right now, J has a sock, pocketbook, seashell, napkin ring, loofah (clean, of course!), some tins and kitchen utensils, a necklace with big bright beads, a lemon, and a silk flower. Sorry I didn't see your comment til today...