Potty Humor Permission

My girls (I hate to admit) are really into joking about bodily waste products (ahem!).  Since I figure that trying to get them to quit is bound to be a lost cause, I let them say and laugh about whatever they want, but they must go into the bathroom and do it -- the appropriate place for talking about bodily functions.

One day after dinner, Rosebud got down from her chair, climbed into my lap, put her little arms around me, looked at me sweetly and asked,

"Now can I go laugh about poo-poo??"

Comments

Little Things said…
Must be a stage...Rose Marie is really into that too. I told Jake about your rule for potty talk and he laughed so hard. What do you do when Daddy joins in on the potty talk just to make her laugh harder? :)
M. T. said…
I've heard that age 4 is the "exploration with words" stage -- lying, potty humor, etc. And your Daddy sure sounds like our Daddy. :)
Elizabeth said…
I would take this as a success. :)