A June Daybook
FOR TODAY: June 14, 2009
Outside My Window . . .
our little backyard. Its become a place of many good memories with my family.
I am thinking . . .
about how the sale of this house, our home for the past two years, is being finalized today. It's making me sad. We have six weeks to find somewhere else to live.
I am thankful for . . .
Rosebud. Even with all her activeness, she still comes to sit on my lap and suck her thumb, her soft little hands stroking my hair. I am grateful for these sweet little moments in her crazy life.
From the kitchen . . .
Summertime brings fruit! We have watermelon and pineapple and blueberries this week.
I am wearing . . .
A skirt and a sky-blue shirt, bare feet and braided hair.
I am creating . . .
a menu plan for the next 2 weeks. I hate doing it, but when I "wing it" at dinnertime, things aren't pretty. :)
I am going . . .
to have a wonderful next six weeks with my girls, enjoying this home while we can still live here and enjoying the summertime in it.
I am reading . . .
The Richard Jury series, by Martha Grimes
I am hoping . . .
for a good week -- we have three things to celebrate this week, the most important is our fifth wedding anniversary on Friday.
I am hearing . . .
Turtle driving her trains across the floor and Rosebud doing a sponge-squeezing work.
Around the house . . .
laundry day.
One of my favorite things . . .
how beautifully the girls are working and playing this morning! :)
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:
It's summertime! And we have no schedule this week -- maybe the pool, the park, a walk in our little patch of woods (that I will miss when we go!)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

Comments