Scratchy Woes

Some days I hate this hamster.

That would mean any day that it places any requirement on my time other than being in the background.

When it
  • smells up the living room
  • needs its bedding changed
  • sprays pee out of its cage onto the wall, the shelf and the floor
  • requires food or water
  • gets played with by the girls
  • gets squeezed so hard it poops (I swear!)
  • gets fought over
  • gets forgotten about on the floor of the living room
  • gets nearly drowned while being "washed"
  • gets put into its ball and kicked and thrown around
  • has food  that my 2 year old likes to sample on the sly -- complete with the artificial colors therein
  • scratches bedding out of its cage onto the floor
  • runs so hard nightly on its wheel that the "thump-thump-thump-thump" drowns out evening movies and wrecks the coveted quiet of the evening
  • becomes something we have to get someone to watch every time we leave the house for more than a day or two

I know pets are good for kids and everything, but I'm sure they are not that good for mommies.

Maybe it will just die soon.

But even if I threaten that she will die if you squeeze her so hard I hear "Oh, Mommy, then we will just get a new hamsty!"

Oh, please.

Comments

Heather said…
I just like this post. :) And your dry sense of humor. I can't wait til Susan comes back to retrieve her frogs and they aren't anywhere near the trouble!
Little Things said…
LOL! Thank you for reminding me to stay strong in the, "We are NOT having pets in this house," mantra. Maybe some day, and then I think we will start with a goldfish...or a pet rock. :)
one muse more said…
Don't forget, Mary: it's just a FREAKINHAMSTER.

Did I ever tell you how I used to burst out laughing in Italian buses every time I remembered that last year? It kept the gypsies away . . .

You have my sympathies. And yes, maybe it will just "die." Wink wink. Nudge nudge.