Seven Quick Takes, vol 6


#1. It's been so long since I posted. I miss writing on this blog. Somedays I actually compose a post in my head even though I never actually post it, just so I can "write" something.
I'm feeling rather in above my head these days with three little ones. Some days are so hard. Some days are manageable. But every day is challenging for me. Every day stretches me, if not to the breaking point, at least to the hurting point. I am needed by someone all the time. And that's really hard. Some days, when I'm standing at the sink doing dishes at midnight or eating lunch at 3pm, or getting up at 6am to grab a shower, or rocking a wide-awake baby at 2am, I wonder if its just going to be this hard forever. Other days, days like this:
I am so very grateful to be doing what I am doing, to have these girls and to be blessed with this life.
I wish those grateful, peaceful moments came along a wee bit more often, though! :)


#2 On another note, we are so glad spring is here!
Playing in the rain, sidewalk chalk and hopscotch are way more fun than being cooped up in the house!

#3. Turtle's 4th birthday was on Monday. I can hardly believe it. That's four years of my sweet, stubborn and smart first baby girl. (And that's three years of this blog -- wow! I started it on her 1st birthday.)
Here's her "Kitty Cake" :)


#4. And guess what she got for her birthday?


Hockey sticks!
It was a gift Daddy decided on and shopped for and he's thrilled that she loves it.



#5. Here are our little hockey players :







Turtle says she's Ovechkin and Rosebud chimes in "I Knuble!"
They "shoot", "score goalies", take breaks "on the bench" and make Daddy proud.
Now they're asking for "hockey shirts."

#6. I so want this for Turtle! Even though she doesn't know all her letters, she's so past the sandpaper ones and ready for something bigger and harder.


#7. My girls have watched this about 10 times in a row so far today. They LOVE it and its contributing to peace and happiness in the house on this gray cold day. ;)












Visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.

Comments

Mary Rachel said…
The Kitty Cake looks great and I love the girls playing hockey!
emptee A said…
This week has been a memory fest for me: Little Women, Angel and the Badman, now your clip! Oh my!
Little Things said…
Love the cake! What a great Mommmy you are! I just got a moveable alphabet on sale from Alison's Montessori (really good price for the small one and the wooden storage box is wonderful!) and Rose Marie LOVES it. I wish I had gotten it sooner.