Questions, Questions

TURTLE:

Mommy, why does Blessed Mother have a sword in her heart?

Is Jesus sleeping on the cross?

Did Jesus cry on the cross?

Why the bad soldiers not like Jesus?

Are the bad soldiers going to put me on the cross?

Why did they leave Jesus all by himself in the tomb?

*******

Can we go to that "Jesus' House"?

Is that a Mackalick Church? (Catholic)

Why don't we go to that Church?

Why don't they have mackertackles (tabernacles) and Fathers?

********

How did [Sunshine] come out of your tummy?

Did you cut your tummy?

Did it hurt to get her out?

How did you close the hole back up? With tape?

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Niiiiiice :) God bless you! I guess you can get all the hard questions over with before she's 5 :)
Gosh! How did you handle them? I've only gotten things like, "What is this?!?!?" Grabbing his um man parts, or "Why does Kaleb have 2 pee-pees and I have one?" Lol, ah the differences between boys and girls ;)
emptee A said…
Thinking of you today.
M.E.S. said…
Mary, with all that's been going on, I have been terrible about keeping up with all blogs! This is precious, though, and I'd love to hear how you answered those hard questions. I'm curious at the fact that C. doesn't ask us a lot of questions. She mostly just phrases her questions as statements, I suppose. Kids are fascinating!
M. T. said…
I wrote a little bit here http://thegreatestgiftsofgod.blogspot.com/2009/11/facts-of-life.html about how I try to handle the hard "facts of life" questions. Those are the hardest for me, though. She wants to KNOW and I know she knows that I'm not telling all and so she keeps revisiting the issue. *Sigh* Not my favorite topic. It's such an important one that so much of her future view of things depends on! I don't know the right way to handle it, really. . . .

The questions about other Churches I answer along the lines of:
We only go to Catholic Churches because Catholic churches have Jesus in the tabernable and "Fathers" (what she calls priests)." (Hey, I think that's a pretty good summary of what non-Catholics lack, right? :)
When she asks "Why?" I tell her because they don't know that they need to have them. That is an honest answer phrased in the simplest and kindest way I can find. they just don't know. That satisfies her.
We talk alot about Mary's sword -- I tell her that she was very sad when Jesus died on the cross, and that is why she has a sword. I tell her the "bad soldiers" didn't like Jesus because they didn't know that he loved them, that Jesus was left in the tomb because we had to wait for the resurrection. When she asks about Jesus crying on the cross or any other questions that I take to have a deeper meditative meaning that need more than a simply literal answer -- I try to ask her a question in return, simply "I wonder if He did . . ?" or "what do you think?"
Hope that helps? :) And I sure would love a non-questioning child sometimes! :)