Work for Rosebud

Here are a couple of new works I put together for Rosebud recently.
The first is Matching Lids to Jars. I have been saving jars and lids for a really long time for this. It's actually hard to collect several whose lids don't mix and match with each other! I wanted about five and I wanted the jar openings to be different enough in size so as not to be confusing and to provide proper controll of error. Rosebud is really good at this, as she is currently very interested in screwing and unscrewing lids.



I got the idea for the above work from The Wonder Years blog. You can read about how it works if you visit that post. :) Rosebud LOVES anything with water, so this was very popular for a few days. I think she is a little bored with it now as she would rather pour the water on the floor and drink it or something fun like that rather than do something so sedate with it. :)

This Cutting Strips work is not actually new. Turtle has been working with it for a while (she actually practices cutting on the lines of the paper strips). Rosebud hasn't been allowed to use scissors till now so she is thrilled with her very own new green scissors. Here is a good post from The Wonder Years about using scissors. I may switch to straws with Rosebud like Amy suggests as Rosebud struggles to use the scissors a bit. She concentrates very hard, however, and really is excited when she snips off a bit of paper from the strip (for her we ignore the lines on them).

And, the last one:

This last work is actually for Turtle. I bought this oriental Sake Pot and Cups set from a thrift store for $3.95. (There are actually four Sake Cups, but three fit better on the tray.) I love it! The Sake Pot even has little indentations for the thumb and fingers to show how to hold it. This pouring exercise is one of the more advanced as it is pouring from "one to many." (The first wet-pouring exercise is simply two see-through pitchers, pouring a set amount of water back and forth.) This one focuses on not over-filling (not an issue with earlier pouring work) and with having enough water for each cup. It's a bit easy for Turtle --as I have said I am usually behind the power curve around here! -- but she is practicing "not spilling a drop" when she works with this.

Comments

Little Things said…
While I LOVE the works...I must confess that I am happy to see that someone else has succumed to that delicious goodness, known as, "Trade Joe's Peppermint Bark!" Now you have given me a better reason to purchase it...it is very useful for storing works! Henceforth, that will be my excuse! :)
M. T. said…
ooo, yes, I haven't succumbed to Peppermint Bark this year . . . yet . . . :) But now that you mention it, I'm sure that both girls really do need their own cutting work tins . . . Hmm.