Nie Nie

I just have to post this article in the Arizona Republic about Stephanie Nielson. I'm sure that many of you have already read her story yourselves, but I wanted to share it anyway.
My friend Laura wrote about Nie Nie last year and ever since she did I have been following her story, in love with and in awe of this remarkable and beautiful woman.
I have no words to express the heartbreak and the glory of this life she is living and has lived. Following her blog and praying for her along with the thousands of others around the country, has become part of my life now. As I "watch" her recover and cry over her struggles I have found myself -- vicariously and in a small way -- having once more to face the (at times unbearable) reality of why bad things happen to good people. Our God is so maddeningly unfathomable. While we cannot help trying to reject that He is allowing such things, at the same time we need Him to make sense of this world as we "stand in our dark with no answers."
God bless Stephanie Nielson and be with her always.

Comments

Little Things said…
Thank you for posting this link! Very inspiring!
She really is amazing. Her article made me cry so many times - she has overcome everything, even herself, to become a wonderful mother. Have you listened to her audio clips + slideshows on the right side of the article? Very moving.