Felt Food

When we decided in November that for Christmas this year we wanted to give our girls a play kitchen I planned on getting some felt food to go with it. But when I looked on Etsy I realized that I would need to spend about $100 just to get them a decent amount of food to share. So then I started looking around for patterns, just on a whim, all the time wondering if I was nuts to think I would have time to make enough felt food in one month. On one long afternoon of research on Thanksgiving weekend, while everyone else was sleeping I found this awesome list of free online food patterns and this online source for wool-blend felt and so I went for it. A week later I had all I needed to make a good amount of felt food. It actually was both enjoyable and satisfying to make and though I didn't get to make a few of things I had planned to -- like donuts, a cherry pie, and crackers -- hopefully I can finish the other things for the Feast of the Epiphany. :)

So, I wanted to post pictures of the food that I'm rather proud of ( if you can't tell! :):
Pepperoni Pizza, Ravioli and Potato Chips in a bag


Fried eggs, 2 slices of bread and some sandwich fixings -- cheese, lettuce, tomato, jelly and almond butter (which is what we eat as opposed to peanut butter in this house). ( I was disappointed that I ran out of the right color to make sandwich meat. )


Peas in a pod, orange and lemon slices, strawberries, a banana and corn on the cob
Lollipops and Popsicles

Here the girls are opening their food.


I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!

Comments

ViolinMama said…
Um, these are SO awesome! You did so well!!!! I'm jealous!

Merry Christmas!
Heather said…
You should be proud! Those look great! I should just hire you next time I need some. :)
Mary Rachel said…
The felt food looks AMAZING!! Awesome job!
Little Things said…
Wow! Excellent work! I'll bet the girls love it!
M.E.S. said…
Wow! I'm impressed!
Melissa said…
That is the CUTEST idea! I've got to do this sometime. Great job being so creative.
Liz said…
These are so amazing and beautiful! You could have your own Etsy shop!