Christmas Preparations

Making Christmas cookies. (Which ended up completely ruined, by the way. Like, I-threw-them-all-in-the-trash ruined, but at least we tried.) Introducing Rosebud to the "very break-bull" Nativity Scene. The girls love to get it down from the mantle and work with it. Their Fontanini set of just Mary, Joseph, Jesus,and sheep is not as interesting, somehow.


Wrapping "presents." I think I need to buy Turtle three rolls of her own tape. :)

And then the December 19th snowstorm!

Shoveling the walk for the first out of three times. :)

The next morning
18 inches!

Unfortunately, we can't get to Mass for the 4th Sunday of Advent. But we will celebrate with some more decorating and trying our hand at making some Maple Syrup and Snow Candy like in Little House on the Prairie. :)

Comments

emptee A said…
Ah ha! A girl after my own heart: TAPE!!!! You can NEVER use enough!!!!
Little Things said…
Such lovely pictures! I laughed when I read your story about the Christmas Cookies. We had the same problem, so I put our non-edible cookie dough in the fridge "to chill," and I ran to the store to grab a roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough. :) So we still made cookies, and Rose had the experiance of "making" the cookies, but the Pillsbury Dough Boy totally saved the day!